President's Advisory Council Member to Present at 9th Annual Conference of the Association of Divorce Financial Planners
July 12, 2011 - Dr. Tahira K. Hira, an internationally known leader in the field of personal finance and consumer economics, will be a featured presenter at the 9th Annual Conference of the Association of Divorce Financial Planners (ADFP), to be held at the Doral Arrowood Resort, September 23-24.
Professor and assistant to the president at Iowa State University, Dr. Hira is a member of the U.S. President's Advisory Council on Financial Literacy. She has been cited in such publications as Money Magazine, Your Money, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Chicago Tribune, Business Monthly, and The Christian Science Monitor. She has appeared on National Public Radio, the NBC Today Show, CNN News, and the CBS Up to the Minute Show.
"Dr. Hira's background in shaping U.S. bankruptcy policies and her expertise in family financial counseling will take this year's Conference to a new level," says Lili Vasileff, ADFP President.
"Our Conference attendees will greatly benefit from Dr. Hira's extensive experience teaching and researching family financial management, investing, consumer credit, gambling, and consumer bankruptcy in the United States and abroad," adds ADFP Executive Vice President Carl Palatnik.
In addition to the ADFP Conference on September 23-24, attendees will have the option to attend the September 22 Pre-Conference ADFP University, a one-day immersion in family law software, taxes, PR strategies, and the evolving role of divorce finance in litigation, mediation, and collaboration.
On September 23-24, Conference attendees will cover:
· Complex ethics issues in this niche industry
· What the "new normal" means in today's divorce finance
· Innovative techniques for creating new revenue streams
· Tax issues, retirement plans, and estate planning
· Best practices for exceeding clients' expectations and more
For information, contact Lili Vasileff, CFP, CDFA at Lvasileff@aol.com, or at 203-622-4911.
More about the Association of Divorce Financial Planners
Certified Divorce Financial Analysts (CDFA), Certified Financial Divorce Specialists (CFDS), collaborative divorce financial neutrals, attorneys, mediators, accountants, mental health professionals, actuaries and other allied divorce professionals...
The Association of Divorce Financial Planners is an interdisciplinary association dedicated to the ADFP Mission:
- To heighten awareness of the benefits and the added value of divorce financial planning so that it becomes an integral part of the divorce process.
- To encourage knowledgeable and trustworthy financial professionals to enter the field.
- To continuously refine and maintain practice and professional standards of excellence and a strict code of ethics.
- To build professionalism and unify the divorce financial planning profession.
The ADFP continues to develop outreach programs, training opportunities, and continuing education to financial practitioners, allied divorce professionals, and the general public. The organization is a key role player in policy making regarding divorce financial issues and holds members to high standards in professional and ethical protocols in the U.S., Canada, and other countries. To learn more about the Association of Divorce Financial Planners, visit www.divorceandfinance.org.