Spousal support may be modified at any time in which there has been a change in circumstances. In order to have a modification take place the party moving for modification must file an order with the court. The evidence must be completely new to the court. Any issues addressed previously in the spousal support arrangements are not means for modification.
Here are some of the factors generally considered for modification:
- income of the supporting spouse
- change in available assets
- income of a new spouse
- supporting spouse's new responsibilities
- physical or mental health of supporting spouse
- death of the supporting spouse