The mission of the Association of Divorce Financial Planners (ADFP) is:
- To heighten awareness of the benefits and the added value of divorce financial planning so that it becomes an integral part of the divorce process.
- To encourage knowledgeable and trustworthy financial professionals to enter the field.
- To continuously refine and maintain practice and professional standards of excellence and a strict code of ethics.
- To build professionalism.
- To unify the divorce financial planning profession.
To accomplish this mission, the ADFP will:
- Develop outreach programs to financial professionals, allied divorce professionals and the general public.
- Provide continuing professional education and training opportunities for divorce financial planning practitioners.
- Hold members to high professional and ethical protocols and standards.
- Promote communication, networking and peer review.
- Market and promote divorce financial planning through the ADFP website, speaking opportunities to the public and divorce professionals, public relations and other appropriate means.
- Establish and encourage membership participation in local chapters throughout the United States, Canada and other countries.
- Participate in policy making regarding financial issues in divorce.